Saturday, January 9, 2010

More "Wining" about the LSAT

Vow to sobriety officially over. It's torture enough to hole myslef in my apartment, let alone do it while surrounded by tons of bottles of wine, a bottle of whiskey, and an old Miller Light in the fridge.

I've officially hit a wall. Less than a month before the LSAT I've been taking practice test after practice test. I don't feel like I've improved one bit since I listened to various podcasts over the holidays. I've done thousands of LSAT questions and still, I feel like a dummy. Yet when I go over the questions I missed when totally relaxed, I nail them. I know the material. Somehow, it's just not translating when I'm on the clock. I'm hoping these issues go away by game day.

Last Tuesday, I scored the lowest on a practice test since my first diagnostic. My boyfriend and a couple friends finally said, "Take a break." So Wednesday night I went to my favorite place, Whole Foods in El Segundo, where they have a tasting room. That night is dedicated to the bubbly. Ten bucks gets you four tastes and all the paninis you can ask for made by my favorite grill master Craig. I already stole one of his recipes for my own personal use since I knew I'd be making love to LSAT books for awhile. But it's just not the same as having someone else make it for you. So a little Lakers-Clippers action, some French and Italian sparkling wines, and voila. I was feeling good.

Next day, I made a six point jump. Still not enough to get into the law school of my dreams. But perhaps the lesson learned is that wine is good for the mind. At least that's what I've convinced myself of anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment